I just LOVE cookies that are chunky! And these take chunky to a hole new level…. a peanut butter cookie chocked full of chocolate chips, chopped mini Reese’s cups, and chopped honey roasted peanuts : ) Just an amazing combination!
I’ve made these on several occasions. Once for myself and thereafter for many different get togethers. I believe one of them was actually my bridal shower… either way they were always a big hit. I mean, even if peanut butter and chocolate isn’t your favorite combination (raises hand), you really can’t argue about it being delicious. Plus these are nice and chewy, with crisp edges- the perfect cookie texture.
And they are SO simple to throw together- just the basic creaming method used for almost all cookies. When the cookie dough is ready you just drop them on the tray to bake. If you follow my blog you’ve probably noticed that drop cookies are my favorite : D They do make up about 98% of my cookie index after all haha
Here are a few tips for these-
- Whenever you have to chop mini Reese’s cups, it’s always easier to do when they are frozen : )
- Please, please, pleasssse use honey roasted peanuts! I’ve used regular salted peanuts before and you can absolutely taste the difference.
- And of course, if you use natural peanut butter things could go very badly… This recipe was constructed using the regular, trans-fatty stuff.
That’s all I’ve got for you about these bad boys. Now go ahead and bake some up for yourself!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped mini Reese’s cups
- ¾ cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter at med speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add sugars and beat until fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips, Reese’s, and peanuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on pans for two minutes. Remove to wire rack and let cool completely.