3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

April 20, 2012

peanut butter cookies

I had such fantastic success with my 3 Ingredient Nutella Brownie Bites that I have been searching for another great, simple dessert recipe with minimal ingredients. HERE IT IS! Peanut Butter Cookies on a whim? Don’t mind if I do!

This recipe for peanut butter cookies has actually been around for quite a while. I’ve heard of it over the years, but for some reason never gave it the time of day. Probably because of my personal lack of interest in peanut butter desserts… Well, despite of how I might feel, I know how to cater to the masses. And the masses demand peanut butter!

peanut butter cookies

It really can’t get much easier than this recipe. Granted with the Nutella Brownie Bites, there’s that probability that you don’t have Nutella hanging around the house, but who doesn’t have peanut butter, sugar, and an egg? Very FEW people.

And this recipe is really open to interpretation to. If you have a little bit more time and inclination you can make them a bit more flavorful and fun. You can easily add a splash of vanilla extract (1/2 tsp), a pinch of salt, or even some chocolate chips! When I first made these I had planned on making them into little bites in a muffin tin, like the Nutella ones, but as soon as they came out of the oven they collapsed in the center. And although this didn’t work for my purposes and was actually disappointing at the time, it would make the perfect little peanut butter “cup” for some ice cream or for a mini Reeses to snuggle in. See? You can have lots of fun with this recipe!

peanut butter cookies

PLUS- the texture of these cookies is awesome. Slightly chewy, but mostly soft. Not what you would get form a normal peanut butter cookie which has a tendency to be hard and crumbly. These are just great.

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Author:
Serves: 12

• 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Combine the peanut butter, white sugar and egg. Mix until smooth.
  3. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten in cross pattern with tines of a fork. Bake at 350°F for 6 to 8 minutes. Do not overbake! These cookies are best when they are still soft and just barely brown on the bottoms.
Notes
Add more flavor with a splash of vanilla (1/2 tsp), a pinch of salt, or some chocolate chips!

Adapted from Allrecipes

Kelly April 20, 2012 at 9:32 pm

This has been our family secret PBC recipe for my whole life. My friends look forward to their tin of PB kisses (we top them with a hershey kiss) So glad the word is out!

Holly May 20, 2012 at 5:26 pm

These did not even bake… I left them in for an extra minute and the bottom was burnt but the cookies were just drops of peanut butter… so disappointed since I made them for company…

Roxy Murphy September 30, 2012 at 12:52 am

Did you flatten them with a fork? If you don’t flatten them they do tend to burn on the bottom and not bake on the top. I’ve made these many, many times and never had problems except when I forgot to flatten them…

lmachell September 30, 2012 at 6:20 am

You’re absolutely right, it’s important to flatten them.

lmachell May 20, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I am so sorry to hear that! I can’t understand why they would do that for you… as you can see from my photos, my turned out just fine. And if you go to the allrecipes link where I found the recipe and look at the reviews, there has been a TON of success with the recipe. I am really disappointed for you. Bummer.

Laura May 31, 2012 at 11:25 am

Love love love this recipe. Needed something quick, cheap and easy to make for a last minute picnic and they were perfect. I was a little concerned when I took them out the oven and they didn’t appear to be cooked, but after I let them cool completely they were just as described. Crunchy on the outside and gooey in the middle. Absolutely perfect. Many Thanks from one Laura to another!

lmachell May 31, 2012 at 11:50 am

These are one of my favorites too! So glad you loved them : )

Dwayne August 12, 2012 at 2:06 am

This is a great recipe. I cooked the first batch 10 minutes. Yep too long. For someone who can’t cook this worked good at 7 minutes. Thanks

shaniqua November 5, 2012 at 8:20 pm

i am going tho try this when i get home……

shaniqua November 5, 2012 at 8:20 pm

is it good cookies

beaudietl March 5, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Attractive element of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to say
that I get actually enjoyed account your weblog posts.
Any way I’ll be subscribing to your augment and even I success you get right of entry to constantly rapidly.

assfucked March 15, 2013 at 7:11 pm

With havin so much content do you ever run into
any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement? My website has a lot of unique content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any ways to help prevent content from being ripped off? I’d certainly appreciate it.

celebrity hairdressers September 14, 2013 at 4:15 am

This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.
I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent
post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

Melaleuca December 10, 2013 at 7:55 am

If you want to play, your probably sitting in your
room, sitting by a chair in the garden, or sipping your favorite
drink at the coffee shop. Hence, it is far too challenging to understand, on the internet,
it is necessary that you look for a local tutor and gain
much better value for money from the lessons.
With the abundance of self-help resources available, it is well
worth the effort.

best vanilla extract cooks illustrated June 19, 2014 at 11:29 am

I always used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of web so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.