Wow. Oh WOW. Oh wow, wow, wow! These cookies… man, I think within a nano-second of these suckers hitting my lips they had become my new favorite treat. And I don’t even have a thing for peanut butter! They are that good.
You’re probably wondering what makes these corn flake cookies so amazing… A couple of things-
#1. They only have FOUR ingredients, including the cereal.
#2- NO oven required!!! : D
#3- Prep time + assembly time = under 15 minutes
#4- Suuuuper versatile!
Let me elaborate on this last one a little bit for ya. Versatile in the sense that they can be dropped onto parchment as cookies or placed into a bar pan for, well, bars. Not to mention that you don’t have to use Corn Flakes. You can use any cereal that suits your fancy. For example, I think other great options would be Rice Crispies, Cocoa Puffs, Cheerios, etc, etc. You can even go straight peanut butter on these and use Reeses Cereal or Peanut Butter Cap n’ Crunch. Feel free to mix and match. Throw in some nuts, marshmallows, or even some pretzel pieces for some sweet & salty! I’ve even seen them done with straight Corn Chips before. The possibilities are endless for this cookie.
And here is a quick plug about the amazing texture of these cookies- CHEWY and crunchy. Just ammmmazing!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 jar (18 oz ounce) peanut butter, crunchy or smooth (I like creamy.)
- 6 cups corn flakes
- 3 oz good quality chocolate of your choice
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and stir until the mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat and stir in the whole jar of peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add corn flakes to a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over corn flakes and mix well, taking care to coat all of the corn flakes.
- With a tablespoon or cookie scoop, scoop out and form into 1-2 inch balls, depending on your preference, and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Put the chocolate in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies. Let cool completely.
adapted from Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy