Peanut Butter Corn Flake Balls

June 11, 2012

peanut butter no bake cookies

Wow. Oh WOW. Oh wow, wow, wow! These cookies… man, I think within a nano-second of these suckers hitting my lips they had become my new favorite treat. And I don’t even have a thing for peanut butter! They are that good.

You’re probably wondering what makes these corn flake cookies so amazing…  A couple of things-

#1. They only have FOUR ingredients, including the cereal.

#2- NO oven required!!! : D

#3- Prep time + assembly time = under 15 minutes

#4- Suuuuper versatile!

Let me elaborate on this last one a little bit for ya. Versatile in the sense that they can be dropped onto parchment as cookies or placed into a bar pan for, well, bars. Not to mention that you don’t have to use Corn Flakes. You can use any cereal that suits your fancy. For example, I think other great options would be Rice Crispies, Cocoa Puffs, Cheerios, etc, etc. You can even go straight peanut butter on these and use Reeses Cereal or Peanut Butter Cap n’ Crunch. Feel free to mix and match. Throw in some nuts, marshmallows, or even some pretzel pieces for some sweet & salty! I’ve even seen them done with straight Corn Chips before. The possibilities are endless for this cookie.

peanut butter no bake cookies

And here is a quick plug about the amazing texture of these cookies- CHEWY and crunchy. Just ammmmazing!

peanut butter no bake cookies

Peanut Butter Corn Flake Balls
Serves: about 3 dozen

• 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup corn syrup
  • 1 jar (18 oz ounce) peanut butter, crunchy or smooth (I like creamy.)
  • 6 cups corn flakes
  • 3 oz good quality chocolate of your choice
  1. Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and stir until the mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat and stir in the whole jar of peanut butter. Mix well.
  2. Add corn flakes to a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over corn flakes and mix well, taking care to coat all of the corn flakes.
  3. With a tablespoon or cookie scoop, scoop out and form into 1-2 inch balls, depending on your preference, and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
  4. Put the chocolate in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
  5. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies. Let cool completely.

adapted from Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy

laura @ spicybuddha.com June 12, 2012 at 5:36 am

These sound so great! I’m in a no-bake dessert phase (call it lazy I suppose!) and these peanut butter corn flake balls have jumped to the top of my must-try list…I’ll let you know how they come out!

Vicky June 12, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Great idea for a quick no fuss dessert!! Love it!

Katie June 12, 2012 at 5:08 pm

These look too easy…as in, I’m afraid I’d eat the whole batch immediately after making them! Haha.

lmachell June 12, 2012 at 10:01 pm

haha that’s the problem I had with them…

Bonnie June 12, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Do you think you could use agave syrup instead of syrup? I love cutting back on sugar but don’t want it to taste bad :) thanks!

lmachell June 12, 2012 at 10:02 pm

You could do the substitution but the texture might be way off…. Agave is a lot runnier than corn syrup. If you try it, let me know if it works!

RecipeNewZ June 12, 2012 at 9:43 pm

What a wonderful, simple and delicious dessert! Thank you for sharing it on RecipeNewZ! Our viewers loved it, so we are featuring it today on our new Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/RecipeNewZ. Congrats!

sophistimom June 13, 2012 at 10:45 pm

These remind me of things my mom used to make, but yours look even better, of course.

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik July 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm

These look really good! Love the simplicity. Found you through recipenewz. By the way, love your blog design, cute and clean.

lmachell July 9, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Thanks so much! : D

Martie September 18, 2012 at 1:28 am

Looks good! How far ahead of time do you think I can make this for a party?

lmachell September 18, 2012 at 6:14 am

The day before should be fine. They keep well.

Brenda Albrecht January 3, 2013 at 12:25 am

If you freeze them after making they should keep for a very long time. I just made them and they are wonderful!

Kaley September 30, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Good cookies. I was hoping for slightly more crunch. Maybe next time I will try adding Pretzels like you suggested. Thanks!

lucylu May 5, 2013 at 3:25 am

Mine were a disaster, don’t know where I went wrong, the mixture was so thick and could not be poured, while I tried to mix cereal into it it began to harden, I ended up having to throw it all away including the mixing bowl and spoons, I was so disappointed in it, any ideas?

lmachell May 7, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Aw, that is too bad! I’d be upset too. I’m not sure what you could have done wrong… maybe heated it too much and reached a harder candy temperature?? Because when I made mine the mixture was nice and loose.

citigirl December 22, 2013 at 3:06 am

Thanks for sharing this great recipe. Easy to make and oh so so delicious. Can never go wrong with a combination of peanut butter and chocolate.

candi February 14, 2014 at 8:17 pm

About to try it now :-D

Sandy April 15, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I always pour the cornflakes into the pan of syrup mixture when it is ready. This keeps from dirtying a mixing bowl and the mixture starts to harden quickly so it saves a few seconds of time.

My grade school cafeteria served these. I was thrilled to find the recipe when I became an adult.

Eve May 10, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Roll them in crushed butterfinger candy bars….or heath bars………..use honey for part of the syrup or molasses if you like it. Add raisins, dried cranberries, choco chips, chopped dates, …you are so right how you can change these. But just plain with rice crispies is fine with me. I wonder how they would taste if you rolled them in dry cake mix? : )