I love when I can find delicious recipes that are centered around vegetables. I don’t eat nearly as many as I should… I usually try to sneak them in with soups, etc. Although this California Veggie Wrap doesn’t “sneak” the vegetables in, it does put them together in one delicious wrap!
And just like a salad it is very adaptable to your own tastes. I put avocado, tomato, and cucumber in mine, along with some micro greens. But if some of those vegetables don’t appeal to you, you can always sub some out or maybe just add more in. Red onions, shredded carrots, zucchini, etc. would all work really well too. Same goes for the cheese- whatever floats your boat. I didn’t use any fresh herbs in the salad, just chives in the spread. And I really encourage you to make the chive spread- it almost acts as the dressing in the wrap. And if you want to go super healthy, go ahead and use part/whole greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
Talk about EASY! The only difficult task to this wrap is cutting all the vegetables, and that is more tedious than anything else. Simply toss everything together and spread it across the wrap or even just layer the vegetables on how you’d like them. Either way, this Veggie Wrap is a very simple way to get some nutritious and delicious vegetables into your body! Which I always enjoy : )
- Chive Spread:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tb chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Avocado Salad:
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 Tb chopped fresh basil or cilantro, optional
- squeeze of lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup alfalfa sprouts or micro greens
- 2 to 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 spinach or whole wheat wraps
- To Make the Chive Spread: In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To Make the Avocado Salad: In a medium bowl, gently toss together the avocado, tomato, cucumber, lime juice and basil or cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- To Assemble: Spread the chive-mayonnaise across the center of each wrap. Layer on cheese. Divide the sprouts or micro greens between the two, and top with avocado salad. Roll and eat.
Inspired by Ezra Pound Cake