I made these way back in the beginning of the summer when I was looking for something simple and healthy to throw together. And aside from trying to find the almond flour, these were so easy to make. I didn’t use any shredded coconut because I didn’t think it went with the “peanut butter-chocolate” flavor combination well. Or at least it didn’t help with the flavor I wanted to get from the cookies.
The original recipe calls for maple syrup. I did NOT like that combination with the peanut butter and chocolate… it just didn’t work for me. So I changed it to honey, which I feel pairs much better with peanut butter. Plus, it has some serious viscosity so I figured it would work better to help things stick together, which is something you’ll want with cookies like this.
Basically if you are looking for healthy, easy, and oven-free, these are it!! Enjoy : )
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together well with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls. Keep refrigerated.
adapted from Running to the Kitchen