I LOVE no bake desserts in the summer : ) It’s such a reprieve to be able to throw together something sweet without having to turn the oven on! I know it’s the end of August and for most people the weather is actually starting to cool down, but I’m still not at the point where I want my oven on for any length of time…
This dessert is so much fun to make. I think working with gelatin is so interesting. But! I was expecting more of a no bake “cheesecake” type flavor to this dessert, which didn’t come to fruition. It had a strong marshmallowy type flavor more than anything else (because of the gelatin I am sure). Which leads me to believe that if you were to swap out the berries for a chocolate ganache… you would have the most PERFECT s’mores pie ever! Seriously, think about it.
Aside from those few notes, this is truly a straightforward pie. Graham cracker crust, no bake-gelatin filling, and jelly-dressed berries. So simple and delicious : )
- 6 Tb unsalted butter, melted
- 12 graham cracker boards, finely crushed
- 1 Tb sugar
- pinch of salt
- Filling and Berries:
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tb water
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup strawberry jelly
- 1 package (6 oz) raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered
- Crust: Mix butter, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt together in medium bowl. Press up sides and into bottom of 9″ pie plate. Refrigerate crust while making filling.
- Filling: In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand for 3 minutes. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Transfer softened gelatin to microwave; heat 15 to 30 seconds on HIGH. Stir until smooth. With mixer running, pour gelatin into cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Pour into chilled crust and smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Melt jelly in microwave to soften for 10 seconds. Gently toss with berries in large bowl. Remove plastic from pie; top pie with berries.