Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin

June 12, 2013

Crockpot Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin2

My daughter has this runny nose. It somehow creates this constant smear of dirt on the side of her cheek. If you have kids you know exactly what I am talking about. I’ve spent the last two days wiping her face clean on 30 minute intervals. And now I have a 102+ temperature. GREAT.

I am keeping a good 3 foot distance between me and my 5 month old for the moment. There is nothing worse than a sick baby. But because I know I can’t, all I want to do is pick him up, squeeze him, and plaster him with kisses… I just want to devour that baby! I’ll have to settle with just appreciating his cuteness from afar until I am better though.

On a totally different note- I made this crockpot pork for Dave last week. I am always looking for new things to make for him, to keep things interesting. I don’t know why I bother though. I am sure he wouldn’t feel any different about the meals I made for him if I simply rotated the same 3 meals for the rest of his life. I swear, if food wasn’t necessary for survival he wouldn’t eat. He’s crazy.

Crockpot Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin1

So since I don’t eat pork, I didn’t personally try this meal and can’t tell you what I thought of the recipe. I can tell you that my Husband ate it until there were no more leftovers and he was very pleased with it. It is also highly rated at the site where I found the recipe. Not to mention that it was super easy to make as well. It is a crockpot recipe after all!

And even though I don’t really eat meat, I do have a great appreciation for a good caramelized crust. The original recipe has you start to glaze the pork during the last hour of cooking and then serve it as is when it is done in the crockpot. I didn’t both glazing it in the crockpot and instead glazed in on a sheet pan and put it under the broil. I repeated this 3 or 4 times to get a good caramelized crust going. I just think its a better method, even if it is a bit more work. There is no way it will caramelize in the crockpot, will it? I don’t know, I don’t make enough crockpot recipes to have any idea. Anybody out there know whether of not it would?

Crockpot Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Serves: 6

• 2 pounds Pork tenderloin
  • 1 teaspoon Ground sage
  • ½ teaspoon Salt
  • ¼ teaspoon Pepper
  • 1 clove Garlic; crushed
  • ½ cup Water
  • ½ cup Brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
  • ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
  • ½ cup Water
  • 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
  1. Mix together the seasonings: sage, salt, pepper and garlic.
  2. Rub over tenderloin. Place ½ cup water in slow cooker; place tenderloin in slow cooker.
  3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
  4. hour before the roast is finished, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a small sauce pan: brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water, soy sauce.
  5. Heat over medium and stir until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
  6. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. (For a more caramelized crust: remove from crockpot and place on aluminum lined sheet pan, glaze, and set under broiler for 1-2 minutes until bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2 to 3 more times until desired crust is achieved.)
  7. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.

adapted from Big Oven

Kristen @ The Endless Meal June 13, 2013 at 5:24 am

Your pictures are wanting me to eat that pork right off of my computer screen. Seriously, it looks so good!

lmachell June 13, 2013 at 8:43 am

Thanks Kristen!

Food for Feast June 13, 2013 at 5:30 am

I just love pulled pork. This sounds a good recipe too, thanks.

Rachel @ Bakerita June 14, 2013 at 7:06 pm

This looks so delicious and amazing!! It would be incredible in a sandwich. Oh yum! Definitely need to make it.

lmachell June 15, 2013 at 10:34 am

ohhhhh yeah- a sandwich. What a good idea! Thanks Rachel : )

Amelia February 7, 2014 at 1:17 am

I put it on Hawaiian rolls and make sliders! One of my faves!

carie June 16, 2013 at 11:04 pm

This was awesome!!

lmachell June 17, 2013 at 8:22 am

Glad you liked it Carie!

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking June 18, 2013 at 6:03 pm

You had me at Brown Sugar Glaze and then my heart stopped when I saw it could be made in a slow cooker. I live for the ease of a slow cooker. Thanks for the great recipe and beautiful photos!

Ashley @CenterCutCook June 21, 2013 at 1:46 am

I am always looking for more slow cooker recipes and this looks amazing! Adding it to my list of recipes to try! :)

Madison June 23, 2013 at 12:56 pm

The pictures look delicious! I think you were right to try broiling it to get that crust right. I’m adding this recipe to my to-do list this week. Thanks!

pameel June 28, 2013 at 3:07 am

I was planning on making a pork tenderloin tomorrow anyway, so now I’ll be making THIS recipe!!!! Can’t wait!!!!!

Bev Powell June 30, 2013 at 11:54 am

Sounds yummy….thanks for posting!

Susan Schwartz July 2, 2013 at 11:21 am

Think I could wrap this in heavy aluminum foil and put it on a camp fire?

lmachell July 2, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Yeah, I don’t see why not. I would use the non-stick foil though so the glaze doesn’t caramelize and stick to the foil.

Stephen Main September 28, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Camp fire? Now we’re talking Dutch Oven, the original crock pot.

Llewis October 23, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Do you think this would work the same with boneless pork ribs?

lmachell October 29, 2013 at 6:34 am

renee January 11, 2014 at 10:11 pm

How long would you suggest keeping the boneless pork ribs in the crock pot for?

Donna @ The Slow Roasted Italian July 4, 2013 at 2:53 am

Fabulous! Sharing on our FB page tomorrow. XO

Donna

lmachell July 7, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Thanks Donna!

Mike July 8, 2013 at 4:26 am

Saw this on the foodgawker Facebook page.

I’m curious: Why do you not eat pork? I very seldom eat it, but get a craving f/ a ham sandwich now ‘n then and when I go out f/ breakfast, I generally get sausage. I didn’t eat it for the longest time when I was younger, having show pigs and raising hogs and seeing how smart and full of personality they are – it was akin to eating the family dog, although I didn’t get attached to my pigs like I did our pets. (I was raising them to sell, and I knew their eventual fate) My folks quit eating it for religious reasons, but they weren’t fanatical about it and mom fixed a ham along w/ turkey for the rest of us on holidays.

lmachell July 8, 2013 at 8:57 am

It is simply because I don’t like the taste/texture of meat. I don’t like much meat for this reason, I only eat chicken and ground turkey on occasion. I wish I could say it was for a more profound reason like yours, but there really isn’t much more to it other than that I just don’t like it, haha.

Mike July 8, 2013 at 10:22 am

OK, thanks f/ the explanation. I saw where you had said you “don’t really eat meat”, so I figured it was something along those lines and since this was the first time I had visited your site, I didn’t know. I understand about the texture – I like the taste of pineapple and coconut, just can’t stand the mouth-feel of them. I also don’t eat much red meat, but I do enjoy a burger every so often. I eat so much chicken, it’s a wonder I don’t sprout pinfeathers.

lmachell July 8, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Haha sprout pinfeathers…

Mike July 8, 2013 at 10:28 am

Also meant to add, after looking around a bit, I just subscribed to your site in my reader. I’ve subscribed to hundreds, eventually deleted more than half those from my feed. Yours looks like a keeper!

lmachell July 8, 2013 at 7:30 pm

That is so wonderful to hear- Thanks Mike!

Kim July 8, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Could you use this on chicken breast as well?

lmachell July 8, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Absolutely!

Sunny July 11, 2013 at 8:31 am

Hi! I just made this the other night and it turned out so yummy. I let it sit in the crockpot ‘warming’ a tad too long and it was just slightly dry, my error! The glaze really made up for it though. Today we had the left overs in the form of cuban sandwiches! Sourdough, leftover pork, swiss cheese, mustard, thinly sliced ham and sandwich pickles. Buttered lightly on both sides and grilled. The best!
Thanks for this recipe!!!

Laura July 11, 2013 at 11:33 pm

I am making this right now, starting the glazing under the broiler in about 15 minutes. Sunny, those Cuban sandwiches sound wonderful..One of our favorites. I hope we have some left to do that tomorrow! Can’t wait to try this out in about 30 minutes!

Lisa July 13, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Tried this last night it was delicious! Thank you for sharing. Do you have calorie and fat content figured???

Ashlee July 14, 2013 at 10:50 pm

This was absolutely DELISH!!

Haley July 15, 2013 at 1:13 am

I made this tonight, and it was a hit! My husband practically shouted, “Wow!” after taking his first bite. I don’t know which impressed him more, your recipe or the fact that something I cooked tasted amazing. :) Thank you for sharing!

lmachell July 15, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Haha that is great to hear Haley! Thank you!

jodi July 17, 2013 at 1:49 pm

DO you think the glaze would be good on babyback ribs in the crockpot?

lmachell July 17, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I don’t see why not : )

Christina July 18, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Sounds delicious!!! Is it possible to make this on a high setting instead of low? If so, how long would you recommend? Thank you! So excited to try it!!

lmachell July 18, 2013 at 8:59 pm

oh course, you can cook it at whatever rate you want. It will just be most tender at the lowest setting.

Christina July 21, 2013 at 5:06 am

Great! Thank you! :)

Michelle Marino February 18, 2014 at 9:46 pm

This was my question too :-) can’t wait to see how it turns out !!

Mindy July 19, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Just wondering if you could make this with chicken breasts? If so, how long do you think it would take in a crock pot??
Like you, I don’t eat a lot of meat and when I do its chicken :)
But this glaze has been wanting to try this recipe but with chicken of course;)
Thanks!

lmachell July 19, 2013 at 8:38 pm

You can definitely use chicken! You can do it just as long as the pork. It won’t hurt it.

Karen Brown July 22, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I’m definitely going to try this recipe today. My question is which side goes face down in crockpot? I think the fat side is usually facing up but always forget.

lmachell July 24, 2013 at 9:00 am

You’re right. The fat goes facing up. That is usually how you cook meat- the theory is that as the fat cooks, the juices are released and it marinates the meat so to speak.

Dawn July 22, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I have made this pork tenderloin 2 times now. It is the best recipe I have found for pork tenderloin. The meat is so tender, and it’s so easy to make. I use the leftover (if there is any) and some BBQ sauce to make pulled pork sandwiches. Because we like spicy food, I added some Tony Chachere’s to the rub. Yum Yum.
Thanks for the recipe.

lmachell July 24, 2013 at 9:01 am

I’m glad you enjoy it so much Dawn!

Alicia July 25, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Just put mine in the crock pot, I cannot wait to eat it! Didn’t add the safe to the run but we don’t really like it in our house (extra garlic for us)!! I cannot wait to try it, I’m always looking for something new to do with food :) thanks for sharing your recipe!!!!

Leana July 26, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Just wanted to let you know I found you via pinterest-but it sent me to a site called food52. Just wanted you to know. I copied the link-It doesn’t automatically work, to get to your site. Thanks for the great recipe!

Holly July 28, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Probably a stupid question… But do you replace the last hour of cooking in the crockpot with the broiler if you choose to use it? Or do you finish cooking in the crockpot and then use the broiler?

lmachell July 28, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I just let it cook completely in the crockpot and then do the broil when its all done.

Chrissy July 30, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Made this tonight because I thought it was going to rain and didn’t want to plan on using the grill. The sauce was virtually drinkable – delish!!

Melissa July 31, 2013 at 1:38 am

Tried this recipe last night. It was delicious. Will make again

Patricia Rossi July 31, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Made this last night and it was delish! Doubled the glaze for extra and had some white rice in the side. Will absolutely make it again. Thanks for the awesome recipe.

Jessica August 1, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I am making this now. I added a little more water bc I doubled the recipe. Is that fine!? Or should I dump some out. I did a little less then a cup.

lmachell August 3, 2013 at 11:59 am

water in the crockpot? that shouldn’t matter.

Liz August 1, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Got all the ingredients to make this tomorrow. So excited! How do you transfer the meat to a baking sheet without it falling apart?

lmachell August 3, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Haha verrrrry carefully… I use tongs, but if yours is especially tender and falling apart on your, maybe tongs with a spatula to hold up from the bottom?

Kayla August 2, 2013 at 4:14 am

Just found this via Pinterest, and decided I am making it in next week’s menu! It looks delicious! I was wondering what else you could serve this with. Typically we do brown rice and steamed broccoli for the health benefits, but just wondering what others are doing…maybe a nice baked sweet potato? Any ideas?

Myrna August 2, 2013 at 2:19 pm

This looks delicious and want to try it for a dinner party. Maybe this is a dumb question…can I just double up the ingredients if I need this for 12 servings?

lmachell August 3, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Absolutely!

mary November 11, 2014 at 4:58 am

I doubled this and wished I had less brown sugar or more balsamic on the double. I also uses 1/2 brown sugar packed – which was not specified in the recipe but is normal.

Eyerisheyes August 5, 2013 at 4:10 am

Do you have calorie and fat content figured???

Bri Bri August 5, 2013 at 6:23 pm

This was so delicious!! I’m not a big meat eater but I loved this so much! I even snuck into the fridge after dinner to eat more! My husband thought it was amazing as well. We have been eating the leftovers as sandwiches and its still delish! If you’re thinking about trying this recipe, do it! You’ll love it!

Tom August 6, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Can I use a Pork rib-eye roast instead of a pork tenderloin for this recipe, and if I use a 4 pound roast do I need to double all the other ingredients because it calls for a 2 pound roast?

Sandra August 9, 2013 at 3:56 am

I made this tonight and the flavor was amazing; however, mine came out dry. What do you think I did wrong?

lmachell August 10, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Maybe under the broiler too long?

Kiki August 12, 2013 at 8:07 pm

This was an easy recipe and everyone in the family loved. This is a keeper!

lmachell August 15, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Awesome Kiki : )

MandyE August 13, 2013 at 12:20 am

I made this tonight, and it was fantastic!!! Our entire family devoured it. Thank you for the recipe! I will never buy pre-marinated pork loin again!

lmachell August 15, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Yay! I’m glad to hear that!

Joann August 18, 2013 at 12:42 am

I made this tonight and glazed it during the last hour of cooking time. Since I only put the rub on the top of the roast it absorbed a lot of the sauce and YES it caramelized quite a bit. I cooked a 1 1/2 lb pork roast on low for 3.5 hours and on high for the 45 minutes while I glazed it.

lesli August 19, 2013 at 2:06 am

I made this for dinner today, and it was AH-mazing. I was also SUPER impressed with the glaze! I used 2 small, pre-seasoned, peppercorn tenderloins and instead of rubbing them with the spices, I mixed them all with the water in the bottom of the crockpot and added baby carrots the last hour or so. For the glaze, I made a happy mistake and accidentally bought balsamic “drizzle” instead of vinegar (used the same amount) and substituted the broth the pork made, for the water. I chose to crisp up the glaze so I only added it when I went to the oven stage. I set an elevated grilling rack in the baking sheet, on top of the cooked baby carrots and basted the pork on the sheet so the glaze covered the carrots as well. I set the range to broil, but added the pork to the main oven (not my broiling drawer) and pulled it out every 2 minutes or so, to add more glaze. It was soooo delicious! Tender, sweet, salty and savory. An excellent recipe, overall.

kim August 19, 2013 at 5:49 am

Will a pork loin work just as well as a pork tenderloin? Would there be a difference in cooking time? Thanks.

lmachell August 20, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Pork loin would work fine and there shouldn’t be a difference in the cooking time.

Kelley Madsen August 21, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Have a Pork Loin Roast in the freezer right now. Am trying to clean everything out so this sounds like a great recipe! Think I will go get and start it thawing now!!! Thanks!!!

Nathalie August 28, 2013 at 5:12 am

Made this for dinner tonight! It was a hit!! My teenaged girls are picky and they loved this. M hubby said the glaze was amazing!

Dana September 7, 2013 at 10:52 am

Made this following your recipe exactly
and it was perfect. The best pork tenderloin i have ever served. Thanks!

Leia September 10, 2013 at 10:19 am

Hi! This looks amazing! I was wondering if I could put the tenderloin into the crockpot frozen or do I have to thaw it first? Can’t wait to try this!! :-)

Kate September 13, 2013 at 12:51 am

trying this this weekend! looks and sounds so yummy! what kind of sides go with this?

singles chat room September 15, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Hola! I’ve been reading your website for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out
from Atascocita Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the
fantastic job!

Christine September 22, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Made this for dinner tonight. So easy to make and was so tasty. Big hit with my family.

Mary September 22, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Hello,

I just finished this dish for sunday dinner. Snuck a little bite and oh my goodness it’s so good.

Thanks for the recipe.

Michelle September 24, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I saw this recipe pinned to Pinterest and made it tonight for dinner. IT IS AMAZING! Tender and soft meat, and the glaze is soooo flavorful. It really makes this dish great. Will make again!!! Thanks for posting!

Julie September 28, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I don’t cook much meat, and am new to the slow cooker. If it takes 6-8 hours to cook, how do tell when it’s an hour before it’s cooked to take it out? Is that at the 5 hour mark? 6? 7? Haha seems like a pretty broad range… Oh, also, I’d be using chicken breast, not pork, so is the cool time the same? Thanks so much, it’s one of the only meat recipes I’ve ever seen that has me drooling!

v September 30, 2013 at 12:26 pm

If you cook the pork from frozen, should it be ten hours on low?

Marilyn October 1, 2013 at 1:27 am

Took this to a pot luck! omg wonderful awesome it on on just a few comments!!!
The only thing I added was soy sauce to crockpot & hot sauce plus a few spices.
Wow

Janette October 3, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Just made this tonight. My family loved this! Sauce is great………..will be putting this on salmon and chicken.

Liz Smith October 6, 2013 at 10:47 pm

This was amazing! And the best part was my 6 year old son, who hates pork any way that I cook it, even if I tell him it’s chicken (which he loves), gave me a thumbs up after his first bite and cleared the whole plate! For sure will be a repeat meal here! Thanks for the delicious recipe!

Kristi October 7, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Hi. I want to make this for my husband while we’re staying at a hotel with no kitchen. (Alternative ideas to eating every mea outside) Since I won’t have a stove to thicken the sauce, would you think I could do this step at home before I head up to the hotel and store in Tupperware (and ice) until time to add? Thanks!

mandy November 2, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Hi Kristi,
My husband travels for work all year, including Thanksgiving. I’ve been going wiyh him each Thanksgiving and making thanksgiving dinner for him and his coworkers. For the first couple of years, the hotels were very basic with a micro fridge and little microwave. I had to be really creative. :) Anyway, you can definitely make the sauce before you leave. I would reheat it a little or let it come to room temp once you’re ready to use it so its easier to baste with. An option is to buy a little hotplate and make the sauce in the hotel room

Tammy October 9, 2013 at 11:56 pm

I made this for dinner one night and follow the broiler instructions for glaze… it was fabulous! I did not make any modifications… turned out great and absolutely will make again!
Easy recipe, delicious results!!!

Thank you!

Robin October 10, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I don’t like pork much either. I used chicken and it was great!

Tricia October 11, 2013 at 3:27 am

Do you think I could make this in the oven? I have an old narrow, deep cockpot and am worried it would dry out. How long and what temp would you suggest for the oven?

Nikki October 14, 2013 at 11:05 am

If you try it in the oven, just cook it low and slow. Bake it at 275 or 300 for roughly a couple of hours, depending on the size of the meat. A tenderloin won’t take as long as a loin roast. After an hour I would use a thermometer and check it every 30 minutes or so. You can do the crockpot and be fine, but use more water to keep it moist. Then, I do recommend broiling the glaze. It only takes just a few minutes.

Heidi October 13, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I am making this right now in the crock pot. The house smells good already! My question is…there is liquid in the crock pot – won’t the glaze just run off the pork and into the liquid? Should I take the liquid out before brushing it with glaze? OR if I were to broil it, when I put it back in the crockpot, will the glaze just come off and mix in with the liquid? Sorry. I’m a beginner cook! Thanks!

Nikki October 14, 2013 at 11:10 am

If you broil it, just leave it in a baking dish. You can also cut it apart so the glaze gets all over the meat that way.

Gran October 27, 2013 at 2:56 am

The length of time in the crockpot depends somewhat on the “cut” of meat, i.e. the more tender the meat in it’s natural state the less time it takes to cook by any method. So, a “tenderloin” is the most tender of the pork cuts and therefore takes a bit less time than other “cuts”. Likewise, if a tough older chicken is used it will take longer and the thigh and leg do take longer. However a breast takes shorter time. These days you can find chicken “tender” in the grocery store and they would take the shortest time to cook. I would not recommend chicken tenders for this dish. Chicken thighs not only have the greatest “chicken taste” but take the longest. Same is true of turkey. The whole point of crock pot cooking is that it is a low temperature and long cooking time. You can start the recipe in the pot in the morning before you go to work and put it on low and then come home after work and have dinner ready or in the case of this recipe almost ready. Heidi, just follow the directions. No where does it say to put the meat back into the pot after the glazing and broiling . I have been cooking and baking for 70 years and I find the biggest failure of new cooks is that they don’t read the directions carefully enough. Also, they tend to substitute ingredients before really knowing that you can’t always do that successfully. Always make the recipe exactly as the directions call for and the next time you can start experimenting.

Tess October 13, 2013 at 11:38 pm

I made this last night with 2 pounds of pork tenderloin and it was done in three hours with the crockpot set on LOW. I used an instant read thermometer at the three hour mark and it was already at 160 degrees. I took it out, cooled it, put it in the fridge until an hour before I wanted to serve it then put it back in the crock pot for another hour and did the basting. (I preheated it on HI for 30 minutes first then turned to LOW for that last hour of basting). It was absolutely delicious but had I left it in there for 6-8 hours as the recipe stated I fear it would have been as tough as shoe leather and putting it under the broiler would have made it even worse. The timing might work with a whole pork loin but not with a tenderloin.

Nikki October 14, 2013 at 10:52 am

I made this yesterday and it was delicious and so easy! But my husband and I agreed that while it was good and tender, it was still dry. The whole thing needs to be covered with water while in the crockpot. I did put way more water than it called for, but I didn’t cover since I wasn’t sure if it would affect anything. Glazing in the oven was brilliant though.

Carrie October 20, 2013 at 3:48 am

Hi, this looks amazing!! I cannot wait to try it. I do have a question though, as I am not great at cooking meat, and I don’t use my crockpot often. The recipe calls for a 2 pound pork tenderloin. Can I use two one pound tenderloins (which I have in the freezer), or should it be one two pound piece? I am just thinking it might make a difference in how moist it turns out, thinking maybe two one pound tenderloins will dry out? Thanks so much!

lmachell October 29, 2013 at 6:35 am

absolutely, just use two tenderloins.

Cheryl Lamb October 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I served this last night. It was to die for! We gobbled it up, and the glaze was so good, we put extra on our plates. YUM! Definitely a keeper. Next time I will use more pepper, probably up it to 1 tsp. for a little extra zing. Thanks so much for this recipe!

Liezele October 27, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Oh wow! That looks AMAZING!!!! Sunday is the day I plan and look for recipes that I can make for the entire week! This one is now on my Tuesday night menu!
Thanks so much for sharing! I am like you, not too much on meat except for chicken breast! But always have to have the variety for hubby and daughter :)

Karen @ The Food Charlatan October 28, 2013 at 6:06 am

hooooooly smokes this stuff is good! I didn’t change a thing. I’m so impressed that you made this and you don’t even eat meat! Thanks so much for the recipe. I blogged about it over here: http://thefoodcharlatan.com/2013/10/27/brown-sugar-balsamic-pork-tenderloin/

NHams October 31, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I made this last night. My fiance and I really enjoyed it and I will make it again. I did not add the sage….I only used salt, pepper and Accent. I used 3 cloves of garlic instead of 1 clove. I doubled the amount of brown sugar in the glaze because I wanted it on the sweet side. Couldn’ve even used a little more brown sugar. Great recipe though!

Paula November 2, 2013 at 12:49 am

This looked so wonderful……and I fixed it today for a family dinner…..that had to be cancelled! Nevertheless, my husband and I enjoyed it so much. I could just eat the sauce by itself. Probably will make the sauce for other meat! Wonderful! As good as the picture, for sure!

Paula November 2, 2013 at 12:50 am

Forgot to rate it!!! 10 stars!!! :)

Meg November 14, 2013 at 11:01 am

… pork tenderloin, not pork loin? Seems like a tenderloin would dissolve during hours in a slow cooker.

Jess November 14, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I have this in now! I’m using a little over 4 lbs and doubled the spices. I rubbed the meat with spices and browned it on all sides to lock in flavor..
I’ll be out of the house for 9 hours.. do you think it will ruin the pork if it cooks on low longer than desired recipe calls? I am cooking more meat.. so will it be okay you are think? :)

Jess November 14, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I’m also using a shoulder.. which I think is best for pulled pork.

TammyM November 15, 2013 at 11:45 pm

I just made this tonight and it was absolutely delicious! The glaze really made the dish! It fell apart when I tried transferring it to a broiler pan ( very temder), Make sure to use tongs. After it made the crust, it just shredded apart so I just added the leftover glaze to the pork and shredded the rest with 2 forks for sandwiches tomorrow. I will most certainly make this again. I served it with rice pilaf and green beans. It was a family hit!

Kelly Blackwell November 16, 2013 at 9:37 pm

This is the perfect cook while at work recipe. Thank you so much!

Michelle S. November 17, 2013 at 3:56 am

Made this tonight and it was divine! Definitely a keeper of a recipe. I don’t know if anyone has already answered your question regarding glazing in a crockpot, but I don’t think that it would work very well. Your tip of broiling the glaze gives it a perfect quick crust that I wouldn’t bother trying to do it in a crockpot.

Danielle K. November 17, 2013 at 1:42 pm

My pork loin is about 1.3lbs, how long would you recommend cooking it for?

Jenilee November 19, 2013 at 3:44 am

Tried this recipe tonight for supper and although didn’t do it in the slow cooker it turned out great with the pan searing first and cooking it in the oven with the sauce. The rub and sauce are amazing!

candace seckler November 20, 2013 at 7:25 pm

This recipe is so delicious that I will be making it again and again. I used a fig flavored balsamic vinegar. The glaze was like none other.

Debbie November 25, 2013 at 12:43 am

Made this today was yummy and tender. My step son who is a picky eater even loved it.

Jess December 4, 2013 at 3:13 am

is there any reason you have to do this as a glaze? Or can you just put the glaze in as a sauce to cook the entire time?

Amy December 5, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Snow day with the kids! Just now putting this on in the crock pot. Looks DELISH, so excited to try it!

Sue December 10, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I see mentioned in comments “tenderloin” and “loin roasts”. I have a Costco Sirloin pork Roast. Do you think this recipe would work in the slow cooker for this kind of meat. I have seen on other sites and other recipes that you can’t interchange tenderloins/sirloins/loins due to the fat content or lack thereof, thereby affecting the dryness/tenderness. But it sure looks good. Was on my mind for 2 days and had a dickens of a time finding it again.

Monica December 18, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Would this glaze work on a full ham?

lmachell January 28, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I’m sure.

KimK December 20, 2013 at 1:19 am

I have mine in the crock pot right now. Smells heavenly! Like Heidi, I was wondering about trying to glaze it in the crock pot with the liquid that’s in there. Seems like it will just slide off the roast into the sauce? Will probably try the broiler method and hope it doesn’t come out dry or fall apart in the transfer process.

Louise Gartzke December 26, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I made this for our Christmas meal. Four lbs. of pork loin roast, and it was amazing. Put it under the broiler with the glaze at the end two times. Be very careful to stand right by the oven so it only gets no more than two mins. Each time under the broiler at a time. It will burn and ruin the whole thing if it gets much more. The sauce turned out beautifully and went right on the table if anyone needed extra. Thank you so much for this recipe. It was a huge hit. Now only if my carrots would’ve turned out, I used lime zest since I didn’t have any oranges, it tasted terrible. Plenty of other dishes there to impress though. Thanks again.

Cassy J January 1, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Yessssssssssssss! Made it for New Year’s Day dinner and I couldn’t stop picking at it before it was served. Best pork loin recipe I’ve ever tasted. The meat is so tender and that glaze is to die for. I love crockpot recipes because it’s so easy and convenient. This is now on my favorites list!

Marissa January 2, 2014 at 12:01 am

I was just wondering if this recipe would be ok to use on chicken breast, and if there are any modifications that need to be made? Would I use the same amount, 2 pounds of chicken?

Barbara January 6, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Made this for dinner tonight. Instead of glazing the tenderloin I pulled it apart and tossed it in the sauce. It is amazing! Thanks for the great recipe. I will be adding it to my dinner rotation.

Susan January 13, 2014 at 11:26 pm

I just served this to my husband, and had to ask him “why are you eating so fast?” His reply, “because this is so good, and it’s something that needs to made once a week!” I too will attest to it’s greatness, the flavor is devine and finger licking good!, the loin was moist and oh so tender! Bravo! A+ Thank you, thank you, thank you.

lmachell January 28, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Hahaha that is great to hear!!! Glad you both enjoyed it.

agata January 16, 2014 at 2:46 am

This recipe is absolutely amazing. I made it couple of times already and everyone loves it!! Thank you!

Sandi January 19, 2014 at 11:07 pm

The crock pot is my favorite tool in the kitchen ~ I do believe this is the best recipe I have made using it!! Thanks for sharing this ~ my hubby loved it!

Gracye August 14, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Which came first, the problem or the sooltiun? Luckily it doesn’t matter.

Shay January 20, 2014 at 4:10 am

This dish is the real deal. I made it for my family tonight and even my picky 10 year old loved it!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Hannah Hamilton January 21, 2014 at 12:51 am

I never write a review but this time, I must. This is mine and my husband’s absolute favorite recipe ever. It is absolutely delicious. Seriously. Thank you for such an awesome and simple recipe!!!

Cindy Pennell January 24, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Just put thus in the crockpot for tonight!! I just realized I have no cornstarch in my pantry. Could I use equal amounts of flour, or do you recommend I go get cornstarch? I can’t wait to try it! It looks delish and SO many great reviews!! Thanks so much for sharing!

lmachell January 28, 2014 at 1:25 pm

If you use flour, I would do double the amount.

Hilary January 27, 2014 at 12:16 pm

I’m going to try this recipe today. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted on how it turns out. :)

Jeri February 2, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Looks yummy! Just wondering if you used a pork tenderloin or pork loin roast?
Thanks!
Jeri

lmachell March 5, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I used a tenderloin.

Gina Jennings February 2, 2014 at 8:20 pm

I have made this several time. Instead of using crock pot, I cook the pork in my enameled coated cast iron pot. Cook on 400 degrees for about 3 hours or until tenderloin falls apart. Then place on baking stone and glaze multiple times. Absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

Priscilla February 3, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I made it and it came out super dry :( I’m trying to figure out what went wrong. It tasted good, but way too dry. My tenderloin was very lean, no fat on top, could that be a factor? I cooked it on my crockpot on low for 7 hrs.

Esther February 7, 2014 at 12:46 am

We made this tonight using a pork roast rather than a tenderloin. In one word – DELICIOUS! Tender, of course, like any crockpot recipe….the sauce is WONDERFUL!!! Definitely a keeper <3

Cindy Cooper February 17, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Hi, I don’t have a slow cooker, but your recipe looks wonderful. Any thoughts on how you would adapt it for the oven?

Thanks

Michaela February 17, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I bought a 2.5 lb pork tenderloin and put it in around 10:00 a.m. It’s almost one and the meat is fully cooked and even a little dry? I’m going to put it back in for an hour before dinner with the glaze and hope the meat soaks up the glaze.

nana February 22, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Try using country style ribs they are great fall off thebone tender!!

Rachel February 24, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe, Laura. Made it yesterday and really had to improvise. We live quite far from a grocery store and it wasn’t until I’d already put the roast in the crockpot that I realized we had run out of two KEY ingredients: balsamic vinegar and corn starch (gasp!). But I was committed to trying with what we had on hand. I used red wine vinegar and flour instead, and added about 1/2 cup additional brown sugar to thicken the glaze. To make matters more challenging, our boiler went kaput … I was tempted to take a blow torch to the roast, but figured it wasn’t worth risking setting my house on fire! Although we didn’t get the crusty glaze I was hoping for, it turned out absolutely delicious. My family devoured the meal. The sage and the sweetness of the brown sugar balanced each other beautifully. I look forward to making it again as per instructed, but want to assure others out there that this one is a real winner … improvised ingredients, broken kitchen appliances and all!

Heidi Rousseau March 1, 2014 at 1:59 am

this looks wonderful and we are having company over on Monday so probably will use this recipe.Thank you, Heidi Rousseau,Grants Pass,Oregon

Beth Day March 5, 2014 at 9:47 pm

So I pinned this on Pinterest, but think it was so far from your original blog by the time I got it that the link was corrupt. I could only get the ingredient list but not the directions. Finaly through the magic of Google I found you! So to say the least I put these ingredients together but not in the right way, I’m anxious to see what has been created when I get home from work! I may have created one of those epic Pinterest fails.

Cathy A March 9, 2014 at 11:19 pm

OMG this is awesome! Rarely do I make a new recipe without saying “next time I think I’ll make a few changes”. But this recipe will be made again (and yes, I said again) as-is, no changes needed.
This is my new go-to shredded pork (tenderloin) recipe!
Thank you!!!

Helen Cruz March 11, 2014 at 12:39 am

We made this tonight with porkloin, and it was delicious! The only issue we had was the glaze. I followed the instructions, but the glaze did not thicken. Is it okay to boil it as long as I stir constantly? Any other suggestions?

Crystal March 15, 2014 at 2:03 pm

This recipe is awesome. My family is now asking for it weekly. Thanks for sharing!

Linda March 17, 2014 at 7:56 pm

I made this yesterday and it was scrumptious. In the last two hours of the crockpot cooking I added kidney beans, peppers, and onions. I put sweet potatoes in the microwave for 3.5 minutes. Then I served the tenderloin mixture over the sweet potatoes with its delicious sauce. I will definitely use this recipes again and again……

Sue March 20, 2014 at 8:34 pm

This is DELICIOUS!!! Thank you for an awesome recipe!

Alex March 24, 2014 at 2:48 am

This looks amazing! What might you recommend for half ing this recipe, in terms of crockpot time? Thanks :)

Butterbud March 25, 2014 at 10:26 pm

This pork roast is absolutely the best. The sauce makes the roast. It is so tender and the taste is out of this world. Big hit with my husband and me! Thank you for sharing.

AnaD April 1, 2014 at 7:08 pm

This looks amazing! I don’t have a crock pot but plan on trying in a regular pot on the stove – anything I should modify?

Steph J April 5, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Came across your recipe for this and I was very intrigued!
Made this tonight for the hubby & I and we both absolutely loved it!

Super easy to make and delicious!

Thanks so much for this!

Melissa B April 7, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Tried this recipe tonight with a pork sirloin roast and glazed under the broiler per your recommendations. It was fabulous.

I made a sesame lime slaw, stirred some sweet chili sauce into mashed potatoes and layered it all on tortillas for some deeevine Asian pork wraps!

The entire family loved it.

Thanks for the recipe.

Kellie April 8, 2014 at 8:04 am

I pinned this recipe and got all the ingredients for it and went to pull the recipe back up and I got a pinterest popup saying your pin was removed because it could be spam/nudity/porn. I just wanted to let you know, since I’d already been to your site and I know its not true, but I don’t know how to let Pinterest know!

Cheyenne May 20, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I’ve done this before & it’s DELISOUS! Tonight I am doing it again but going to shred it up & use it as toppin on a pizza :)

Elaine June 3, 2014 at 4:17 pm

that looks amazing. And no it would never caramelized like that in the crock pot, it’s fa too moist to create that yummy crust. I love your creative solution.

Brittany July 25, 2014 at 9:45 pm

I’m typically not a fan of pork but even I had seconds tonight!

Instead of adding sage to the rub, I opted for red pepper flakes. I also added more water so the whole bottom of the crockpot would be covered. Put the tenderloin in the crockpot on LOW for about 6 hours and it came out PERFECT. I was worried after reading some of the comments about the pork being too dry but it fell to pieces when I went to put in on a sheet pan to broil.

It’s a keeper!

Amy August 9, 2014 at 5:39 pm

This may sound gross to some, but I think many will get this: I almost drank the glaze straight from the pot. AWESOME recipe. Loved it!

Amy August 9, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Forgot to rate it

Diana Z August 22, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Thank for this recipe. I will definitely be trying this out in the next few days. It looks absolutely delicious!

Patti Randolph August 24, 2014 at 8:27 pm

It was amazing…the sauce is to die for.
Will make it again for sure. Thanks for the recipe.

Linda September 21, 2014 at 10:10 pm

This recipe is Awesome, so good. I didn’t make it in the crockpot, instead I cooked it in the oven. It turned out very tender and delicious. I will be making this again. Thanks for a great recipe.

Phillip September 24, 2014 at 9:36 pm

This design is steller! Youu certainly kknow how to keep
a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, Iwas almost moved to sgart my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job.
I really loved whazt you had to say, and more than that, how you
presented it. Too cool!

Danielle September 26, 2014 at 1:48 am

made this for dinner tonight. it was delicious!!! the sauce obviously is what makes the pork so good. cooked 1lb for 6 hours on low and it was very tender, could have even cooked it a little less. you defintely have to heat the sauce up again right before you serve it on top of the meat, because mine got really thick and sticky, almost tar-like. i used arrowroot instead of cornstarch (healthier starch) so that might have been the reason for the thickness. will definitely make this again!!

Molly October 5, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I made this and it was great!! HAs definitely become a staple recipe we love!! I love good recipes that involve the crock pot :)

Audrey October 13, 2014 at 2:13 pm

This was fantastic! Everyone loved it, and was hoping to have leftovers for lunch. My son came home and put a end to leftovers. Was told this recipe is a keeper.
Agree, that to get the glaze you have to take a few extra moments at the end and put it under the broiler. Keep a check on the tenderloins as they may be cooked in less time and can become dry.

joss October 14, 2014 at 5:42 pm

you are an idiot, just pick up your child!

Melissa Watkins October 22, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Made this today and it was fabulous! Used the Dutch Oven at 400 degrees for about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs as someone had suggested. Then glazed it under the broil for a few minutes. I feel that it stays more moist in the oven than using my crockpot. I highly recommend searing the meat on all sides before putting in the crockpot or the oven. Great recipe!

Terrie Zuleger October 26, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Made this today! Absolutely delish! I made 4lbs of tenderloins and doubled the spices and the amount of the sauce. I agree with others comments and definitely keep and eye on the cooking time the first time you cook it so you know how much time your crock pot takes. I glazed mine under the broiler not the crock pot. Thanks for the recipe. My family says I must make it again.

Bobbi October 28, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Couldn’t this be done with chicken or turkey tenderloin?

Laura November 3, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Made this last night for dinner and this will definitely be a regular. I was worried that the pork would be a little tough as we were out for the day and I wasn’t sure on the timing but even though it could have come out earlier it was still devine! The glaze was delicious and the sweet potatoes baked with some coconut oil and garlic buds and sauteed green beans with dijon and cream on the side was perfect with it! Thank you!

kirkbrunner November 8, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Awesome!

ilonka November 14, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Came across this looking for ideas for supper tonight. I’m going to do this tonight. Off to go thaw out my pork tenderloins!

Amy November 21, 2014 at 5:56 am

Left this recipe for my husband to attempt while I was at work. This was a great tasting meal to eat after a long day. Thanks for the “easy” factor! The pork will be used for slider left-overs. Again, it tastes Awesome!

Kristen November 22, 2014 at 3:25 pm

This is insanely delicious. The kids and I devoured it! The optional step of basting with the balsamic glaze and broiling before serving really makes this.